It is obvious that the primary online marketing strategy of any small business is to position itself at the top of the search engine results.
Dominating local search results is possible.
There are very efficient and easy ways to improve the search result visibility of your business using local SEO tips that we are going to highlight below.
Here are ten local SEO tips and tricks every business owner needs to know:
Encourage and respond to online user reviews
The visibility of your business in the results of local results are built with the help of user reviews.
Moreover, whether the results are positive or negative, search results help on how you will engage while responding to them. However, every business must ensure that the reviews always originate from the outside.
The following are the action items on this local SEO tips
- If the clients are satisfied with your work, encourage them to leave a positive review or rating. Whether it is a flyer at their regular checkout, a callout on the website or an email after a service offered will do just fine. The more reviews your business receives which are confident and authentic, the better in search your business will seem to be.
- Give your clients a variety of sites as part of how you encourage them to post reviews so they can spread diversely in many local places.
- Maintain a progressive mindset when you respond to all forms of user reviews. For instance, when there is a positive feedback, go ahead and thank the client for their feedback and ask them to use your service once again.
If the post is negative, thank them for the feedback and request the customer to explain their concerns so you can address their issues.
Ensure an appropriate Link Strategy for your business
Obtaining links from websites that are related play a significant role in the SEO visibility of your business.We call it link building.
This is in part because the local SEO tips assist in establishing the credibility and authenticity of your business. However, you will damage visibility of your business over time when you try to leverage unrelated links.
- Share links to your website consistently via Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels
- When making updates for customers, include links to your website in email newsletters and other media
- Sponsor or host local events or even offer discounts to students in your business neighborhood. Also, take the initiative to encourage the chamber of commerce in your area and the local businesses to backlink your website when articulating about those very activities.
- Establish a community resource local directory which would include your nearby local stores, cultural attractions, and restaurants to offer an opportunity so you can link to others. Take starting a blog into consideration which will provide you a platform where you can articulate issues about the neighborhood in your business and have other places of interest link to your website.
Drive Media Coverage
The coverage of your local business by the media can lead to a positive impact on the search results of your business long-term.
This is particularly when the coverage is done by news websites that are highly credible and is among the most viable local SEO tips.
Coverage that is high in its search results can have more business driven to your brand and in particular because it is coming from a third party resource which is very reliable.
You can use the following item of action to drive media coverage:
- Create resourceful relationships with blogs and local media by persuading them to take advantage of your services or products. For example, if you run a restaurant, send the local foodie blogger your famous pizza. You can also email a news reporter to attend a local event that you are sponsoring and will go a long way to assist the local community.
These PR local SEO tips may lead to actual videos, articles or some sought of media coverage that will have the reputation of your brand boosted for a long time.
This is especially because the coverage, for long-term will be highly visible in the search.
Local Search Optimization on your website
Your most valuable and important asset is your website. It is fundamental to make sure that your site is highly optimized using local SEO tips to be high on the results of any search engine.
- Incorporate keywords in the titles of your site’s pages that will identify with what your business is all about, location and the products or services that you offer.
- Add the name of your company, phone number (NAP) and address information on every page of your website. Many businesses make a mistake to only include the details on the first page of their website only.
- Consider hiring a local website designer that understands your market.
Build Citations of your Business
Ensuring the consistency and availability of the listing information of your business in multiple third-party resources is a sure way to enhance your local SEO.
Most search engines especially Google, scan these websites on a regular basis to have a stronger understanding of your business and the local web.
When they do not list your site or the registered information is inaccurate or incomplete there is a high risk or a negative impact on the placement of your business on search results.
These can be solved by the following:
- Build your listings and make them more attractive and informative to prospective clients
- List your business in categories that are appropriate to ensure that your website is properly optimized.
- Work with the providers of top listings to secure and update your listings automatically across the broad pool of local websites
Regularly engage through social media
The pages of social media always play a vital role in the visibility of your local business in search results. It is highly likely that your page will attract visitors if you engage a social media strategy that is highly proactive. This will, in turn, result in the appearance of your business within the search.
Create a social media marketing strategy that will engage customers via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and other big networks regularly.
Some of the ideas that you can engage with on social media include product promotions, new products, give ways and also stories that are highly relevant to your prospective clients.
Encourage internal linking within your website
Incorporating high internal links within your site will significantly boost the search engine standing of your site. This will also increase traffic on all the discrete pages of your site and ultimately improve your ranking in search results.
If possible, ensure that you include keywords in the text of your links. This will significantly improve the effectiveness of your internal linking.
Hire an SEO expert who will help you achieve your goals.
While anyone can try a search engine optimization campaign, it often proves to be quite difficult to achieve the results you expect. The resources and time you spend in research and implementation are not always worth the time.
As you have a business to run, you can quickly offset the cost of hiring an expert in SEO by growing your customer base by and increasing the traffic to your website.
Target your keywords wisely to outrank the competition
The keywords you decide to incorporate into your site will always make a huge difference. This is because optimization of keywords is a significant part of SEO. Figuring out the right keywords to use on your site is critical.
Ideally, the best keywords will be a tie-in to the content of your site and most importantly be relevant to your business. They should be what is frequently searched by potential clients while at the same time not widely used by competing companies’ websites.
Providing fresh compelling content is important
It used to be enough to have the right keywords to have your website appear high in search results.
However, the algorithm that is currently used by search engines has continued to become smarter.
As a result, high-quality content has become the powerhouse behind a good ranking in search results. Moreover, other sites will want to link up to you if you have a compelling content which will further boost your search results ranking.
We have highlighted the ten local SEO tips and Tricks Every Business Owner needs to know.
We are confident that you will make an informed decision when optimizing your business’ website so you can increase the traffic and ultimately boost your revenue.
Remember, you can always hire a local SEO company to do it for you.